Long distance relationship – does it really work? Time and again we have heard of hearts that are broken because of geographical limitations. But love can move mountains right? LDR does work- it just takes a lot of effort and genuine love to break the barriers of distance.
Communication is the top-most priority in a long distance relationship. You do not want to make your partner feel they are alone. Call often and show you care. Keep your lines always available and make sure you are there for each other.
Here are more long distance relationship gift ideas and romantic gestures that can keep the love burning all the time:
- Spend quality time – Even if you are miles apart, you can still spend quality time together. Thanks to mobile phones, anyone can get connected. Spend an hour on the phone and talk like you are not far from each other. Set a phone date to keep things passionately in place. You can do also set a date over the Internet with a web cam, which can really be a lot of fun!
- Plan a surprise visit – There is nothing compared to hugging your special someone passionately in person. Even if you can only spend a day or two during your visit, grab that chance. If budget is the issue, make sure that you save up and plan to visit your partner, even if it’s just once a year. This will surely enhance intimacy and serve as a wake up call that you still love each other.
- ‘Talking’ love letter – Sending love letters over the mail is very touching. But you can give it a little twist with an audio love letter. Your partner will love to hear your voice and every time she will feel lonely, she will just listen to your ‘talking’ love letter and feel you there. A video love letter can be even better! Use your imagination…
- Send something everyday – Send something romantic to your sweetheart everyday. It may be an e-card or a quick note of your love via snail mail. It can also be a loving text message or a love quote that you send to her cell phone. These small tokens of love need not be expensive but it is a regular reminder that your love matters.
- Send her favorite food – Whenever you are on the phone with your partner and she signals that she is hungry or misses eating with you, you can call the nearest restaurant at her place and order her favorite food. Pay for it over the phone or via credit card and she will surely be touched by your romantic gesture.
- Request a love song – Another way of saying I love you is to request a love song on your favorite radio. You can tell you partner to tune in at a specific time on her favorite radio station and send a request of your theme song along with a quick note of love read by her favorite DJ.
‘I love you’ can be said in a million ways. Be creative and your love will never fade even if you and your partner are thousand miles away.